December 27, 2012

Trim Queen

Happy New Year!

Well, almost.

The holidays are here and of course that means time spent both at the rental and also away doing holiday shiz.

However, I did get in a couple good days working on the trim. Remember the trim? Remember its lovely condition?


Pretty much like that throughout the house.

I tried some old trim paint we had and it was not covering anything at all. I wasn't sure what to do with this trim. A stop at Sherwin Williams didn't help. The "expert" there told me to just replace all the trim.

Uhhhhhh no.

Another stop at Lowe's and I headed to the rental with fresh trim paint that included primer. And what do you know, it covers beautifully!

I started in the kitchen and repainted all the baseboards as well as the door trim around the utility room, living room, and pantry.

The next day I was back and painted all the baseboards and door trim in the hallway. The kitchen and the hallway were by far the worst.

They look much better now! Here's an example:

Before


After


Before


After



I'm really stoked about how well it's turning out. A paint brush specific for painting trim has really helped make it easier too. Yay!

Definitely not done with the trim but hopefully more progress is made over the New Years weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I just went through 4 months of vacancy with 1/2 of my rental property. Renovations included new sub-floor (and everything else) in bathroom, lots of new paint, re-finished hardwoods in the living room and a general un-fu*king of everything else the previous owner had neglected to do. Keep plugging away and let's hear/see some more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sorry for your vacancy. Is it filled now? I hope so. :)

    Thanks for the encouragement! December was a bit of a downer for us. The combo of holidays plus Jesse getting drafted to work every weekend (he literally had 3 days off the whole month - yuck) put us behind on rental work.

    The good news is he's on vacation this week and new carpet is actually being installed today!

    So an update should be coming this week. :)

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete